Sunday 14 September 2008

Charity Quiz Night

On Friday, I hosted a charity quiz night at The Hub in Mitcham. The event itself was attended by over 100 people including the Mayor of Croydon, Cllr Jonathan Driver and the Mayor of Kingston, Cllr David Berry. The night itself was great fun and as a result it raised hundreds of pounds from my chosen charities; The Wimbledon Guild and The Vine Project. As for my own team, alas we came third, not bad considering we had sixteen teams and we only five points behind the winning team which came from The Wimbledon Guild. This will be the first of many charity events that I'm hosting throughout my year, next month I have a dogs nights at Wimbledon Stadium along with a Golf Day at Wimbledon Park Golf Club. Further details are available on the website www.merton.gov.uk/mayor and if interested e-mail mayor@merton.gov.uk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With regards to the Charity Dog Race Night 10th of October. There are many Greyhound Rescue Supporters around the world and country that are opposed to this event. There are other ways to raise money for charity.